Which LED PIR security light?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need help picking a security light with PIR.

I want low energy usage or LED, but bright enough to illuminate the front drive from second story position. (Is this possible?)
I'd also like to separately switch the light on and off manually (but not by flicking it off and on a certain way)
i.e. bypassing the PIR and switching the power on and staying on until I switch off. I believe this isn't possible with most security lights?

I'm open to suggestions and reviews from people who have fitted/used the lights.

Sponsored Links
Some security (PIRs) lights have a pulse over-ride mode that means the lamp can be commanded to stay on until the next off period (usually when the sun comes up). Others need a hard-wired connection with a separate switch. This should be identified in the product's description.

You can pay a lot, or not quite so much for an LED/PIR security light. What is your budget?

I am on a budget yes. I fail to see why some are so much more expensive than others. But I will pay for quality and longevity as I don't fancy replacing it after a year. I want 3 or 4 so it'll all add up!

I'll try and word the question differently.

Up to how much do you expect to spend on each light?

I can recommend some excellent Biard LED lights. they are around £120 each.

Sponsored Links
Ahhh, I see! That is a bit steep yes. (What is the extra money getting?)
Was thinking around £50-£70 but if thats what they cost and they'll last then its an option if they are value for money?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back