PIR too sensitive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just put a welcoming lantern light at the door up. The ones from B&Q, with a pir built in, its too sensitive and its turned right down, switches on in daylight as your near the door. I bet its faulty B&Q crap, or have i missed something?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
you have removed all packaging including any film over the lens?
if the dusk dawn sensor is located behind the lens this could make it more sensitive to light levels dropping.

If all else fails read the instructions.

Instructions say, turn down for less sensitivity, easy

you have removed all packaging including any film over the lens?
if the dusk dawn sensor is located behind the lens this could make it more sensitive to light levels dropping.

No film over lens Tim, just a black plastic cover.

It must be damaged, I thought there may be a way of "resetting" these
lights?

Sponsored Links
The sensitivity may be for the PIR range, not the daylight.

There may either be a different turn knob for this, or a small photo cell elsewhere on the light which may have a small round black sticker covering it for commissioning only.

And the sticker is off?

Is the light in a dull area of you property?

If not, the fitting is faulty. But it could be just too dull - Is it in a covered porch?

And the sticker is off?

Is the light in a dull area of you property?

If not, the fitting is faulty. But it could be just too dull - Is it in a covered porch?

Sticker is off, and its not a really dull area its situated in. Looks like I'm taking it off the wall and taking back for an exchange.

Thanks for your help ;)

You could try testing it first.

i mean put it on a piece of flex, put a plug on it and wire the other end in and say take it in the garden (day light) and see what it does (or doesnt)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back