Pirate Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
olly_k said:
Have you tried installing service pack 2 yet?

No,but I take it, I won`t be able to.
My use of p.c mostly involves e-mailing, surfing & printing stuff off plus playing music etc, so I have all i need at mo.
;)

Sponsored Links
gcol said:
You can from here. http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/xpsp2.html[/QUOTE]

Much obliged gcol & thanks :D by the way you were correct,
I hadn`t tried downloading WMP from the site you suggested (my mistake) that`s why it`s sorted now. I owe you one.
I keep getting little pop ups, (messenger service) saying ``your registry is damaged, click on here to go to...etc. Also messages to download disk cleaner, patches for this,patches for that & loads of other cr*p, I`ve tried removing it by scanning etc, but cannot seem to be able to, it`s doing me head in. Any ideas?

Right click my computer, manage, expand services, find messenger, set it to disabled (probably have to stop it first), its disabled by default with SP2.
Note - this is nothing to do with msn/windows messenger.

Sponsored Links
And if you still have a problem. Download hijackthis from the net, run it and save the log. Then copy and paste the text in that file into a post on here and I'll have a look at what you can probably remove.

Have done what eggplant has suggested, will see if this solves the prob, if not will try your solution gcol & will report back soon. Thanks again. ;)

Thanks Gents, the job`s a good `un, all sorted. Have got Spybot, thanks Moz ;) ;) :D :D Happy days.

Bamber gaspipe said:
Thanks Gents, the job`s a good `un, all sorted. Have got Spybot, thanks Moz ;) ;) :D :D Happy days.
Spybot is great, I also use 'Spyware blaster' and 'Adaware' both these are free and add yet a little more protection! Although be careful with these programs if you use peer-peer sites caus they will more than likely stop access. Althoug not a bad thing in my opinion!

I can post a wraith of Good here ... ;)

watch the pirate /sneak /fool here around ,lol

Moz said:
I can post a wraith of Good here ... ;)

watch the pirate /sneak /fool here around ,lol

Thanx Bro, & many thanks to all for taking the time,most appreciated ;) Goodfellahs ;)

Re: Windows Genuine Advantage

I used "removewga.exe" to remove the notification part of this program from my system, it is a tool that will uninstall Windows Genuine Advantage Notification and is not illegal to use.

The reason I removed it is I don't like the idea of Microsoft installing spyware on my PC, although my Windows XP is genuine this so called security patch not only checks my validity, (don't have a prob with this) but it also logs onto Microsoft every other day to send them details of my IP, System Hardware/Software, location and other information. This program can also be modified in the future for other info if they deem it nessasary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back