Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First time renovators, just trying to get to bottom of pipe work options.
Context: classic 1960’s semi, end of run of 5 houses, poorly constructed conservatory on back of house, and want to complete bigger wraparound extension. Sewerage pipe currently runs under conservatory (constructed pre-2011), all pitch fiber and then down the side of the house, I think the right term is lateral drain, might be public, either way it carries waste from all 5 houses.

Done the right thing and had a CCTV inspection, under the conservatory pipe has been lined, but not rest of pipe that runs down the side of the house.

Three questions:

If pipe is considered defective, is this us or water company responsibility? As it’s used by all 5 houses…and follow up question, if they repair by lining will this still stop build over, would only a full replacement of the pipes be allowed for the extension plans?

Can I amend building, e.g. put new roof on conservatory without build over as it’s already there? Or would extra weight to make it part of the house class as ‘new building’?

Any ideas welcome, or questions I should be asking the water company/architects before I start,
Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back