pitch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok first post so I will probl forget deails. Building a workshop with a mate that will be attatched to the back of his garage. Workshop will be big (ish) 24ftx 14 ft approx goona be out of wood and will have strength from the brick garage. Now we are going to do a felt roof with a pitch away from the garage and not sure of pitch or ways to achieve it. When I did my smll shed I cut a piece of wood down the middle diagnally to make a large wedge shape and plyed onto that. Obviously this is a lot bigger so any suggestions..... do they do joist hangers pitched to an angle???? Dunno sorry to be thick Ta D

Sponsored Links
you need to fit firring strips or diminishing strips depending on which way you run the joists,and you are aiming for a 1:80 fall. i.e 1cm fall for every 80 cm along the joist.hope this helps.

ta for the help I will look at the link now D

well firrings is actually what I did on my shed but I had them cut by my locl supplier of wood!! I didnt know that was what they were called. ta D

Sponsored Links
Installing french door in upstairs bedroom to open inwards. what height does the underside of the sill need to be to top of adjoining flat roof?:cool:

How do you order the firring thingys for the pitch?Length i spressume....and from a wood yard or builders yard?
Ta Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back