Plan each wall seperately?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. I hope you can help. Basically I am just about to tile my cloak room but am confused regarding tiling from one wall to the next. I'm happy with how to plan out the first wall but then I'm stuck. Once I reach the end cut on first wall should I use the off cut from that tile to start the next? Or should I treat each wall seperately and plan to have equal end cuts on each wall as long as the horizontal grout lines match up? Hopefully someone can clear this up for me. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Or should I treat each wall seperately and plan to have equal end cuts on each wall as long as the horizontal grout lines match up?

Yes.

Take care though to plan the vertical placement of the tiles beforehand, considering all the walls.

Yep, plan each wall so that the courses run through and so cuts on either end are even (might need tweaking if its really small cuts)

Yes, plan your cuts so you don't have a whole tile at one end and a thin strip at the other. You should aim that to have cut pieces that are larger than half. This might mean that the first tile you start with is not whole. (But then start actually sticking in position two, and come back later to fill in your cut tile)

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
Hi,
You should always plan your project so that the tiles run through all the walls and that you have no sliver cuts at the ends.
This can be achieved by adjusting the design or the spacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back