Planer Blade Stuck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having Problems getting the blade out of my Bosch pho 16-82.
I,ve took the two hexi screws out but the blade aint budgin. :confused:

Any Tips here. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
must be resin build up try meths
do not under any circumstances be tempted to knock it off by planing a bit off wood as the other blade will catch it and shards will go everywhere at 30.000rpm :cool:

and if that dont work,then give the blade a (very)gentle tap to break the seal.

Sponsored Links
I take it you mean meth spirits and pouring it over and in the blade space. That right. Thanks
yes sorry more drip or pat with a well soaked cloth or several layers off kitchen roll
and with gregers great advice use wood or about 10 layers off paper to protect the blades :D

Seem to remember there being 5 screws to this , the two screws hold on the blade cover , there are three more screws holding in the blade?

Seem to remember there being 5 screws to this , the two screws hold on the blade cover , there are three more screws holding in the blade?

aaahhh possible he may have just removed the adjustment screws lol rather than the clamp screws

Yes Got The blade out. Bought some Meth from b&q, Used The Cap To pour a little down the blade sides, Then gave it a couple light taps and it slid out no problem. loosened only Two hexi screws.

Thanks guys for the advice. Great Forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back