Planing Application Advice

S

samuk007

Post deleted - mods please delete this post..

i am not getting much useful advise here!

Sponsored Links
I can't imagine how that will get through planning. A "bulky, incongruous feature" comes to mind

Its going to look tacked on and the roof junctions are going to be awkward

Have you read your council's design guides?

I can't imagine how that will get through planning. A "bulky, incongruous feature" comes to mind

Its going to look tacked on and the roof junctions are going to be awkward

Have you read your council's design guides?

? have you not read my post? i have already been to the council and spoken to the planing officer and shown them the info above and they don't see an issue, but said to submit the application forum as there is a possibility..it will get approved..

i am no planing expert but each council is different..perhaps yours is more stricter then mine?

had it not met the requirements - they would have said not to bother..

is anyone able to give me any useful advise?

Read your local plan guidance. It will show what is likely to be permitted and what is not. Most people talking to Joe Public from planning are junior members of staff with poor experience and frankly can tell you anything they like, any 'advice' they give you can ever be used against them.

Sponsored Links
is anyone able to give me any useful advise?

Well first bit of advice is to ignore Tweedledum and Tweedledee. They delight in belittling DIYers coming on here looking for advice and who are trying to save money or do things themselves.

I reckon you have done a good job there with your plans so if the council says so then just submit them. You will need ordinance survey maps, forms and most importantly a cheque. Only then will you find out what the council really thinks, they tend to make it up as they go along, and anything they say prior to a decision should be taken with a pinch of salt. But you will never know until you try it.

i used visio to do the plans - what program can i use to do the Rear and Side Elevation?

Do the elevations have to be to scale?

Thanks

the floor plans - do the sizes have to be 100% right? does ti matter if i am 5 or 10cm's short?

have finished the plans to scale 1:00

i will draw out the elevations using the existing diagram by hand - or mabe just use visio..

try to pop into the planing office to see what they think of my diagrams - fill the forum in and submit if all is ok (next week sometime)

Was the ground floor extension designed with a top floor in mind, foundation wise? Might be worth getting a view from the builder as to whether or not they think it's suitable.

If you submit it yourself, make sure you research dealing with planners, including keeping tabs on whether or not it's looking likely to go through and withdrawing/resubmitting with amendments if it looks unlikely. If your council offer a free pre-application advice process then it may be worth submitting to that (although it's possible you will never get a response).

Also, look on your councils planning website for other similar builds, read the reports etc.

I spoke to planing, and they said to bring the fourms down with the drawings and they will check it all over before i submit and let me know if the changes..

Going well..

I have done the floor plans, + the exisitng rear and side elevations in visio..quite pleased with myself..

Would i be better of doing the plans for a 3rd bedroom, or simple to make the existing bedroom larger..

in the end there will be 3 rooms - but for the sake of planing which is easier?

Just need to figure out what the new proposed elevations will look like and then draw them in..

Looking Good?

No offence, but I wouldn't want to be your neighbour! Although you have drawn the angle from their top window, what about their ground floor and the garden itself which will become almost a courtyard with no light?

Have you considered upsizing or maybe even a loft conversion instead?

Where would you dangle your hose pipe? :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back