Planning appeal

• Thread starter Deleted member 281264
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 281264

Need some advice from you guys

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/how-often-do-officer-recommendations-change.572436/#post-4983360

see my old thread here. It turns out that after 16 weeks the recommendation to be granted was overturned by the senior planning officer at the last minute after I chased up the application from June onwards and the app went in March. The result is that they want it to be amended to look like this and won't accept anything else.

They did not like the gable end. I am considering taking it to appeal based on the initial recommendation being to pass and then suddently 16 weeks later having to totally change it and end up an awkward ugly space, also had previous planning permission in 2017 to just do the double storey side extension with a hip and no step down / back from the ridge and front elevation and I asked the officer if we could revert to that and they said no despite our neighbours matching exactly.

this was the initial proposal

they did not like gable end but had no problem with the dormer, there are 2 other identical gable ends over the double storey on our road too but over 10 years ago, it seems precedent means nothing and the proposed changes are really ugly and the side extension box rooms are already small is it is without having it stepped back.

worth an appeal or not? there have been identical proposals appealed in the locality much more recently. The app has not been refused yet but I think I'm going to let it be and appeal while also putting a new one in. Build was due to start this week but had to cancel all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back