Planning application approved and then refused

Any planning agent should know that nothing is approved until a signed document is posted out to the applicant

Sponsored Links
I don't know if the draughtsman said "the planning officer says he is quite happy with the plans and will be recommending approval" or "the planning officer says the plans will be approved" or even "the planning officer says the plans are approved"

The first alternative is more usual. The others are wrong.

I didn't hear the conversation or read the letter. Did you?

No. If we don't know what the draughtsman actually said (which we don't) how can we say he was wrong or right?

Sponsored Links
Im waiting for the planning sub commitee refusal letter to come through so will keep you posted.

The refusal letter is useless. You need to get hold of the planning officers report, and the commitee meeting minutes

Planning officers are always saying 'yeah, can't see any issues - you should get an approval on this one no problem'. On my own house the guy stood in my garden and told me it was ok and he would push it through quickly for me - only to get a refusal. (Which I overturned on appeal) But I know full well that you can't take anything a planning officer says as concrete until you get that approval letter. And I always strongly advise clients not to start work until approval is secure - on account of starting work before it's settled tends to **** them off. So it sounds to me like your advisors are idiots.

The neighbours are related to our areas 2 local councilors, so instead of the councilors coming and talking to us first, the asked the councilors to go directly to the head planning officer to get the planning rejected.

Having found details of your application online, it seems it went to committee because YOU are related to a councilor?

Nevertheless, it bangs on about refusal due to revocation of the Regional Spacial Strategy, whatever that is? The minutes should be available at some point on the website here....

https://www.kirklees.gov.uk/Secure/meetings/MeetingsDiary.asp?pSub=1

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back