Planning Condition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping that i can get a good steer on this one,

My palanning application as a condition being that
"the dwelling permitted will be constructed to achieve a minimum code for sustainable homes level 3, and achieve a minimum of 1 credit under category ENE1 Dwelling emission rate"

Another condition is that construction of the dwelling should not be started until a interim certificate has been submitted certyfying that a minimum code for sustainable homes level 3 and a minimum credit under ENE dwelling emmision rate as been achieved.

I aim to tackle this myself, is this possible. I can ceratinly trawl through technical advice jargon, and ultimately build the houdse to the required standard, but what about certificates!!

Hope someone may be able to help get me started.

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
You should be able to use your "approved" notice for the building control plans to demonstrate compliance

Unfortunately building regs do not cover all of the requirements of the Code for Sustainable Homes. You will need to employ an approved assessor to do the work and the Certificate will need to be approved by Breeam or Stroma, assessors can be found on the Breeam website.

Sponsored Links
Is it a requirement in Wales? The code requirement was suspended in England along with the home information pack. (for one off private homes)

edit - it may be stipulated in the local plan?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back