1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Planning Decision - Non Detemination

Discussion in 'Building Regulations and Planning Permission' started by brubaker, 9 Sep 2021.

1. brubaker

brubaker

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It is all rather suspicious. I do have my own view.

I will be in touch with my legal to try and get the Council to respond to the letters and make a decision. Failing that , I agree the media would love this story.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. jeds

jeds

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Something not quite adding up. Having designed and built many houses I have never known a solicitor allow a sale without all relevant documentation in order, particularly planning permission. In fact they are normally a complete pain in the rear over trivial points such as obtaining discharge of condition letters for conditions that do not even require discharging. The sale of many houses = many conveyancers. They wouldn't all be turning a blind eye.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Nakajo

Nakajo

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You lost me at "the approved drawings"

5. brubaker

brubaker

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    As well as the wrong application type, the drawings state a side path adjacent to the development (this will mean the freeholder can allow maintenance in the future). However the side path does not exist as the building is butted up against my boundary line approx 30cm or so away from the boundary line. So Virgin or Gas etc have to ask my permission to access that aide of the building.

6. brubaker

brubaker

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Well the estate agents have been selling the apartments and people have moved in. There is definitely no planning approved. So I am not sure either, unless they were bought without a Mortgage and are being rented. It is a mystery to me.

7. blup

blup

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The solicitor wouldn't have a clue about whether the planning permission was correct or not, they just look at the piece of paper and if it relates to the property they are happy. They have no idea whether the houses have been built in accordance with, or breach of, the planning permission.

Blup

8. brubaker

brubaker

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    So what are the implications for the purchasers, developers if there is no planning e.g. lets say a non determination?

9. blup

blup

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The planning authority may have agreed to defer determination pending negotiations, which i believe is not uncommon for large scale developments. FOI request, or refer to ombudsman if only to get some info out of them.

Good luck!

Blup

10. Sponsored Links
  11. jeds

jeds

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    A solicitor allowing a conveyance where no planning approval existed would be guilty of serious professional negligence. Do you really think a solicitor is not capable of recognising a planning approval or, more to the point, when one is absent? The odd conveyancer might make a mistake but not fifteen or twenty.

Awareness of a breach of planning consent or of not building in accordance with is a different thing but that's not what is in question here. You are saying no planning approval exists and that wouldn't get past any solicitor.

12. brubaker

brubaker

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I think this case is bigger than you know. It along with all the other developments that are also in the same situation will be exposed at some point.

13. ^woody^

^woody^

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    A big conspiracy? :cautious::rolleyes:

14. brubaker

brubaker

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Would that surprise you?

15. ^woody^

^woody^

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Nope. People have fallen off the end of the world, moon landings were filmed at Pinewood, the illuminati have an office in Mayfair, Covid did not come from bats, and all developers are in league with the planners.

• Like Like x 1
  16. brubaker

brubaker

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You obviously have no idea hahah

17. freddiemercurystwin

freddiemercurystwin

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Guess what, nobody cares.