Planning permission and Land Value

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, newbie here so please be gentle!

I'm looking at buying a plot of land and hoping to be able to get planning permission for 2 semi detached chalet bungalows. It is very marginally outside of the settlement boundary for the village, however if I couldn't get planning consent I'd use the land for equestrian purposes so I wouldn't be overly concerned.

There is however a development clause, whereby the current vendor is entitled to 50% of the uplift value.

The field is just under 3 acres and is up for £30,000. As I say, if we were able to get planning then it would be on about 1/8 of an acre in the field. Can anybody give me a rough estimate on how much the land would be worth if we were able to get planning for this?

We're in Somerset, in a fairly desirable location however land in this area does come up for sale quite a lot.

Many thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Approaching an (estate) agent would be your best bet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back