Planning Permission for Parking / Garage at end of Garden (Corner Plot)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings Everyone,

I am looking for some general advice, hoping to confirm with our local council asap (South East Essex) but any advice / thoughts you can offer would be appreciated.

My hubby and I are very interested in buying a house, which is on a corner plot in a residential area, but currently has no parking. All other neighbours have parking and dropped kerbs, but they are not on a corner plot. It doesn't look like the previous owner needed parking, it was an elderly lady who has now sadly passed, the whole place needs gutting and re-development.

We don't think we can convert the front garden as there are double yellow lines outside due to being a corner plot, however the garden is huge and stretches down the next road with concrete boundary walls between the garden and the public foot path.

We would like to turn the end of the garden into a parking area with a single / double garage, which would mean a dropped kerb to access. We have 3 vehicles between us so we would like a good amount of parking, rather than using the street!

My question is, do you think we would likely get permission for this? I have drawn up a little sketch using my elite skills which might help! or not? (don't laugh!)...

Any thoughts? thank you in advance :)

Jilly

Attachments

• Garage Plans.png
    Garage Plans.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 520
Sponsored Links
Sounds reasonable, find your 'local plan' online (it may be quicker to ring up planning and ask them to send you a link as they can sometimes be hidden in the depths of the local authority website) that will tell you what criteria needs to be adhered to and will give you a good steer as to whether approval would be granted or not. Ringing your council to ask their advice will likely be as helpful as a chocolate teapot.

Thank you for your reply :) I will look into it a bit more, hoping it shouldn't be a problem otherwise we will be filling the street with our cars!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back