planning permission - solar water heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would like some opinions on this one! Buying a new build agricultural occupancy house. The AOC isn't a problem for me but, in the plans submitted and approved by the LPA, there are 2 solar water heating panels shown on the roof. They haven't been installed (that doesn't bother me). Am I likely to find the LPA coming after me to fit them - they were not an explicit condition of planning.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that woody - is that a very positive "no"? Trouble is, unlike building regs, there is no "sign off" certificate for planning permission!!

With planning, you can take stuff off, but not add stuff on.

Anyway, planning permission has no end date. You can finish the job and fit them in 30 years time if you like

Sponsored Links
unless you live in a conservation area, Solar panels so long as they follow the roof line can be installed without planning permission
similarly you build as much or as little of agreed planning as you wish. say you applied for a 2 storey 10 x 6 metre extension then you built the 2 floor only 8 x 5 as funds were tight then they can't do anything but if you built 10 x 7 then they could insist on the 10 x 1 over build being removed or new permission being applied for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back