Planning permission

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
Just wondering, do i need planning permission to turn an upstairs bedroom into a bathroom?

Its an 1880's house, 3 bedroom - where by the 3rd bedroom is through the master bedroom. Im expecting it to increase the value by having an upstairs bathroom, and then ripping out the downstairs bathroom to leave just a toilet, and a utility/storage room. (The kitchen is so tiny, and no storage, so this would really be helpful)

The downstairs toilet is already seperate to the downstairs bathroom, so the toilet would stay there.

How do i go about it? If i get in touch with a builder, or a bathroom company, would they sort out all the permissions etc, or do i have to get them first before approaching a builder/bathroom company? Cheers for any responses

Sponsored Links
you will not need pp but will need b'regs. an experienced builder or designer could set it up for you. or, if you like, you could control the whole thing yourself, but be on your guard.

i would say that a bathroom company will be the most expensive road to go down.

Cheers for the reply. Theres a lot of work to do - total overhaul, so i'd get a building company in. Just wanted to make sure i was heading in the right direction! thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back