Planning - Pre-application Advice submission question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As a home owner I'm doing my own Pre-application Advice submission to the Local Authority as I want to extend an existing balcony.

In addition to the form, I have to enclose a Site Location Map and a Site/Block Plan. I'm happy with what these are. I also have to enclose a "Description/schedule of existing uses on the site." I'm not sure what I have to submit for this. I've tried to find out on the Planning Portal website, gov.uk planning websites and Google but it's not clear what's needed.

Any advice please on what I need to include, bearing in mind it's pre-application?

More info:
I have a 29 year old detached house that has an existing 1st floor timber framed and joisted 6.5m x 1.4m balcony. The balcony is on the principal elevation, supported on its outer/front edge by 3 brick-faced steel piers, over a ground level double garage/driveway.

I would like to extend the width of the balcony outwards from 1.4m wide to 3.0m, retaining the same 3 piers. The old timber frame would be replaced with a rectangular, cantilevered steel frame fixed into to the face of the house, mounted on the piers and jutting out by 1.6m (subject to structural calculations).

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The description of the existing site can just say dwelling. IME there's little point doing a pre-app, may as well just whack a planning application in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back