planning rules

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have an application for a new build in at the moment ,but my neighbour and the highways oficer are objecting due to highways issues. my neighbour is head of building control at the same location as the highways officer. I think they may know each other through work should they have declard this.

Sponsored Links
It would be safe to assume they'll know each other, I don't know if they have to declare it, formerly contact your planners and ask them, when alls said and done tis pretty bad luck though. What have they objected to? Bit more info required.

hi thanks for replying. there is a problem with visibility to the right as i leave my lane (parked cars). lane is already in use by 7 properties.hoping to get a committee site visit as there are several new builds in the village with simular access

Existing precedents do not always apply to planning applications, also maybe there was far less parking on the street when the original houses were built?

There will be a document like this: http://www.devon.gov.uk/highwaysdesignguidepart1.pdf for Cornwall which will determine required splays and driveway access for all new applications. Each county produces its own guidance but they are largely the same but you ought to find the Cornwall Guidance to be in no doubt. I don't know if the Cornwall one is online or not, probably, you may have to phone your LA to ask them to guide you to its destination, some of these kinds of documents can be quite hard to find.

If you're proposed access does not comply with the guidance and it is on that basis that Highways are objecting it will be difficult to get round it. Whoever did your application should have considered access and used the guidance.

Sponsored Links
we went through pre app and the planinng officer had no problem with this even driving down the lane to reach the site.

Highways and Planning are different departments, Highways are consulted during a Planning Application it is not for a planner to determine Highways acceptance it is for the applicant to check their application conforms with the guidance. Was the highways guidance considered prior to the application submission?

iam not quite shore if it was or not but my planner did not seem to see any problem with it at the time or now. but thanks for your input i will contact la tomorow

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back