Plans and compliance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - new to your group, so firstly - Hello :)

I would like to know if submitted and approved plans for a small industrial unit, where the plans show New Fence, Re-planting, etc have to be followed.
My local council states that only the building needs to be as per the plans, and not the external landscaping?

It that correct, and the reason I ask it that they ripped out 10 / 15 trees to make way for the new build - but there was never an intention of building anything where the trees stood.

Hope my post is OK for your forum

Julie

Sponsored Links
Strictly, it is the scheme which is approved - as per the plans.

But if the landscaping and planting were important, planners tend to put conditions on the approval which you are required to conform to.

Fences are slightly different, as they can come under planning regulations. You may not be able to alter their location, size, style or colour. You may be able to omit the fence, unless it performs a function that the planners may require such as protecting the public. If it's just a replacement fence, then you can leave it.

My local council states that only the building needs to be as per the plans, and not the external landscaping?

Bear in mind that Planning and Building control are entirely separate functions in your council. You may well be talking to you building inspector who doesn't care about your fences and landscaping, but it could be a condition of your planning permission.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back