D v

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I have blinds currently on my Windows and looking to replace with shutters. I have casin/trim around my window and that seems to be creating slight problem with installing shutters.

HTTPS://goo.gl/photos/g4WFTtVnHuKehZAx8

Included the pictures of one of my window with casing. I spoke with a shutter company and they suggested mounting frame over existing casing. I have also included picture of that.

Can you please suggest if mounting one of the frame show in the picture will look weird if the frame is mounted over existing window casing.

Another option they provided Is to entirely skip installing the frame, and do inside mount using L frame. But it seems that for L frame the window needs to be in perfect shape (with no irregularities) which otherwise would cause light gaps and would require a lot of caulking.

Your response is greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back