Planted these 6ft root ball red cedars, couple of questions...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Planted them across a 10m wall at end of garden in the hope of building a screen across, although appreciate this may take a few years to establish. Went for these as they are meant to grow approx 50cm per year, and was advised to plant 1 per meter.

Have been a little concerned about their growth, and was hoping they would fill out a bit more. However, I noticed one of them looked a lot shorter than the others, and when I had a look, noticed the top 1ft of the main stem was limp and looked broken, so I removed it. Could this inhibit the growth of the tree, or even cause more damage?

IMG_20180313_082940.jpg IMG_20180313_083012.jpg IMG_20180313_083027.jpg

Appreciate any advice...
Thanks

Sponsored Links
They will become enormous. Are you aware of the High Hedges provisions of the Anti-Social Behaviour Act 2003 ?

Im hoping so! I plan to just have a 3m high dense box wall across the rear of the property, and have it regularly maintained. On the other side of the back wall is a car park for the flats, so dont really see how it could offend anyone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back