Plasfit Push Connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to fit a new bath/shower mixer tap at my old lady's.

Having had a look both cold and hot inlets have these Plasfit connectors fitted.

I have not had any experience of these fittings and would be very grateful if someone would give me guidance in getting the little blighters off!!.

She lives in council property and the cold and hot taps have been fitted the wrong way round (Cold to the left-hand side and the Hot to the right-hand side) and to correct this I need longer connectors. The fittings are about 6 months old.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Graham Turner

Sponsored Links
If the Council fitted them wrongly then surely THEY should correct them?

About 15% of properties that I visit have them "wrong" but why does that bother you so much?

Its only put a particular way round so that people can "expect" which will be which tap.

Tony

I have been in several bathrooms where the basin and bath taps were the opposite to each other. Reading between the lines, as the op is only doing the bath, this may be the case.

I can imagine that it can be confusing having a basin and bath with taps differently orientated, espescially if you are over a certain age.

I have no knowledge of Plasfit, but this video shows how Speedfit connectors are disconnected from the pipe.

It's not shown on this video, but it's really important that you fit the correct pipe support inserts into the end of the plastic pipe, before it is pushed into a fitting. It is guaranteed to leak without them!

Not all plastic push fittings are demountable....the ones that are have a collet system in the end that releases the fitting once pressed.
It sounds like yours may be the former type!
John :)

Sponsored Links
I'd never heard of Plasfit 'til today, probably because it's not mainstream domestic plumbing.
For use in drinks dispense, food processing and general industrial compressed air applications.

Google first threw up a push-fit modular plastic shelving manufacturer in Oz.
A bit further down I found this:
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...miWyDOne1VJjQKhlQ&sig2=qNZkrjzBBUG-MXMpNOvAzQ

And this:
http://www.norgren.com/document_resources/DE/9.4.001.pdf

Available up to 12mm, apparently, and demountable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back