Plasson outside tap to Hozelock hose adaptor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I'm new. I wish I had found this forum before having just undertaken the biggest DIY project of all, building a house.

This is what I have in terms of an outside tap. Struggling to fine a suitable hose adaptor. Any advice much appreciated. Cheers.

IMG_9431_zpssrhl8lgr.jpg

IMG_9430_zpsj1eys1vw.jpg

Sponsored Links
You have a plasson stopcock with one nut, grabring and O ring missing. That's what you need on the open end before you adapt it to a hose connection.

Sponsored Links
Yup, Nige F is right - although the O ring IS there - it sits in a groove inside the body of the valve and you can just see it in the top pic.
It would be easiest to start again with a wall mounted stopcock with a threaded outlet - then get a Hozelock adaptor (threaded to quick connector male) to screw onto this. You already have the Hozelock female quick connector on your hose end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back