plaster blemishes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i could do with some advise, ive recently plastered an arch way.ive got some blemishes to fill, a plasterer at work said instead of buying filler just mix a little multi finish plaster really sloppy and fill the blemishes with multi finish. wot do you guys think ?

Sponsored Links
easyfill or jointing compound, at least then you have the oppertunity of sanding it off after, multi finish and sandpaper are never a good combination.

sticking multi on it not a good idea, will dry too quickly and crack most likely, if they are only small shallow blemishes then i'd get a tub of 'one strike' filler, job done.

That's bad advice, don’t do that; Multi has fine grit in it which makes it really difficult to blend in, you can’t (shouldn’t) sand it & if you mix it too wet it will dry into a powdery, milky mush.

Depends how much filling youve got to do; a fine powder mix filler will do or even tub redimix is what I use on the rare occasion I need to do remedial filling on blemishes :LOL: . If you’ve a lot, a bag of Easyfill will suit you better.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back