Plaster boar repair patches

Sponsored Links
All websites that sells these have the same description. Does anyone have experience with these?

I.e. I'd like to know whether you need to work over these with a filler and then sand down, and what product to best use.

I've not used these, as I always use a small piece or two of plasterboard, normal plasters or easi-fill for small areas/blending. There are a lot of posts around providing guidance filling p/board holes.

I suspect you would cover those mesh patches with finish plaster or a suitable surface filler e.g. Easi-fill. They would probably have instructions with them anyway.
Over £6 looks steep for some small patches - in context, £5 will get you a full 25kg bag of multi-finish.

As Newbee says, a lot to pay for something you don't really need. Just tidy up the holes you need to fill in, (square/rectangular), then insert a piece of timber inside the plasterboard cavity, then screw through the plasterboard to hold the inserted piece of timber. Then cut a piece of plasterboard the size of the hole, then screw it to the piece of timber you inserted earlier. Make sure you use the correct thickness of board. After that, tape over the patch, then flush it off with Easifil or similar. Put one coat on, let it dry, put on another the same, then sand down when dry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back