plaster fireplace

mkb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Can anyone help in my dilemma? We have a varnished plaster fireplace that has been chipped here and there. How best can I repair the chips ? Do I just fill the chips with filler and re-varnish or use a similar coloured wood filler and then re-varnish ? All help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Unibond make a fine grade ready mixed filler, this would be ideal to repair any damage. Don't be tempted to apply to much filler on one go its far more effective to apply in layers as any filler will shrink as if cures, leave the final layer slightly proud. One thing you must be careful of is the filler and parent plaster will have differing surface hardness so you need to take extra are when blending in repairs, a good tip is to cover the local area in tin foil, this will prevent the blade damaging the existing material when removing the excess filler, finish with a very fine sanding block.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back