Plaster not bonded?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we recently had some decorating done and after lining the chimney breast, the decorator told us there was a line where the plaster had not bonded/been skimmed properly but he would double line so you wouldn't be able to see it. There is still a noticeable line and I just want to be sure that the original issue is nothing to be concerned about? Pic attached of before and after. Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200720-083252.png
    Screenshot_20200720-083252.png
    989 KB · Views: 89
Sponsored Links
the pic of the finished thing is not good enough to see any lines - only shadows.
Take a closer pic that gets it all but only the chimney breast and in good light.

so he double lined the breast with lining paper. I can see it plainly.
you should really have had it all skimmed first before decorating.
and in answer to your original question, it doesn’t look like there was anything to worry about originally, it’s just not a great finish.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies. Yes, he basically said he would double line it and it wouldn't be noticeable but it is, so I was worried he was downplaying the issue. I've added another photo which shows it more clearly - it follows the line where the grey meets the pink plaster on the before picture. It is still just lining paper on so may be less obvious if wallpapered or painted darker.

Attachments

• IMG_20200817_131902636.jpg
    IMG_20200817_131902636.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 67

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back