Plaster on plastic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an internal step which has a plastic threshold. The plaster below this threshold in proud so my friendly Plasterer plastered over the plastic. This lasted about a week before coming away from the plastic. Is it possible to plaster over plastic? I know the edge will be brittle but I'm hoping it may be slightly stronger?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Dont really know what you mean! but plaster will never stick to plastic...not for long anyway.

If he has done this, then he is not a plasterer.

You can plaster/render/screed onto plastic if you provide a key. You are not sticking to the plastic, but to whatever is used for a key.

You don't want movement in the background either

You'd be better off with covering it with metal if you want something more hard wearing

Sponsored Links
but why do you want too plaster over it m8 im lost
i gess if you use a knife and a bit of wire mesh screwed to it then a bit of wba/bont it im not puting my name on it m8 sorry
why not use stop bead up to it and skim as you will then hve a straght adge then clean off the upvc with solvent cleaner get it from any window making firm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back