plaster over artex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have done the search on the above subject, plenty of good info.
What could I expect to pay to have a 8ftx 8ft artexed bathroom ceiling plastered over ?
Regards J

Sponsored Links
The amount of work involved depends on the pattern; some initial prep. work required the day before but a light stipple pattern needing only a Multi-Finish skim would easily be done in a morning; you may be lucky & find someone to do it for under £100. A heavy swirl type pattern may need an initial skim with Bonding plaster followed by Multi-Finish so will take a couple of hours longer & you’re more likely to be charged for most of a day, say around £150 £180 + materials.

It’s a very small ceiling but that won’t necessarily be reflected in the price, it depends how much work is around. If you’ve any additional plastering work that needs doing (the walls?) it would be beneficial for you to lump that in with it so you can make up at least one full day’s work for the spread, £180 - £200. Otherwise he'll probably have nothing for the rest of the day & will have to take a hit on it; the additional work probably won’t cost you much if anything more.

Hi Thank's for the reply.
It is only a light artex job, looks like a DIY job from the prevoius owner.
Regards J.

thought about getting an artexer in and flattening with artex???

Sponsored Links
thought about getting an artexer in and flattening with artex???

IMO I would expect you'll get better results with plaster. It is intended to cover with a smooth finish. Artex is intended to provide a textured finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back