plaster over painted pebble dash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old painted pebble dashed wall that is now an internal wall after an extension. Not really wanting to go down the "dot n dab" route can i pva, scratch coat with sand and cement give it another coat then plaster? or would bonding give a better key? Last resort is to chip off really though because it's bloddy solid! it is quite a large area.

Sponsored Links
AS long as it is sound, you can go over it - get any loose pebbles off first.

I'd prefer s/c myself.

I have an old painted pebble dashed wall that is now an internal wall after an extension. Not really wanting to go down the "dot n dab" route can i pva, scratch coat with sand and cement give it another coat then plaster?
You sound like someone that's not looking for a cheap way out so don't D&D ;) . Loose pebbles aside, you won't get a better key for s/c & I'd go with that as Micilin ; assuming it's within your capability :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back