Plaster / render key

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an external and internal wall to plaster / render respectively, I recently saw a chap apply a compound to both the internal wall (blue coating) and the external wall ( a red coating) which he said was to give a good ‘key’ and much better than plain old pva washes.

I forgot what he said the stuff was called - can anyone enlighten me and provide opinions as to its usefulness

thanks

Sponsored Links
on the internal wall it sounds like he used blue grit, but it’s not a one size fits all product.
as for the outside i havent come across ‘red stuff’ . you could describe what the job consists of externally ? pva is not a solution externally whatever.

It was a cement render with Many cracks and a few pieces chipped off on a chimney, the remaining original render far too hard to chip off to bare brick without taking A deep section of brick face off with it. So the guy used this stuff that, from the road, looked red and rough, rather like the blue stuff you use internally.

there’s quite a few render products about . sikka and everbuild do rendagrip products. dont know what colour they are. i’ve never used them.
I make my own

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back