Plaster repaired, what to use before painting ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Loads of tiny holes all over wall. Its not smooth perfect, but it will be fine for me. Just want to make sure once wall is all painted I wont see these repair areas coming though, as there is alot of them ! I used Jetcem Quick Set Patching Plaster.

I will be doing a mist coat with budget matt emulsion. Then I am finishing with Diamond Trade Matt, prob 2 coats. Will this be sufficient or should I be putting something else on before hand??

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Provided the filler product used is actually plaster, what you suggest should be fine.

If the filler is a plastic based material as typically found in ready mixed fillers, it will show through the paint.

Sponsored Links
I've never used that but don't see any reason why doing what you suggest wouldn't work well. Just be prepared for an extra topcoat because sometimes patched walls need it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back