plasterboard->30mm insulation->studs filled with 50mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm converting part of an attached garage. the new stud wall for the downstairs toilet/utility room has 50mm celotext between but I'm wondering if it's worthwhile fitting 8x4 sheets of plasterboard (on the garage side) of the stud wall and then screwing through (80mm drywall screws?) this to fit the 12.5 plasterboard.

I already have the plasterboard left over, which is why I'm not thinking of using plasterboard with the insulation already stuck to it.

any problems with this approach? I think this should help significantly since there will now be no thermal bridging between the studs and the plasterboard on each side.

BTW the garage is cold; very cold. due to a crappy roller door I fitted. I've learned my lesson :(

TS

Sponsored Links
A layer of plasterboard will not on its own prevent cold bridging.

I would look at fitting a 50mm layer across the studs with an 18mm ply facing, on the garage side.

Do it now - do it once.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back