Stud work for plasterboard ceiling in garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning on fitting 12.5 plasterboard to the ceiling joists that are already in the garage (new build).

My question is where should i fit the extra studs ? Is it every 400 like the stud walls ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If they are 400mm centres, just start your joists at one end of the garage ceiling, with your first joist close to the wall.
Then do your 400mm centres for every joist, taking in to considerating your first measure will be from the wall and not the centre of the first joist.
Then when you come to your final joist ,if the distance is smaller than 400mm so be it.
Your joist should be every 400mm
Extra studs?
For what?

No need for extra studs or nog's unless plasterboard sizes means adding the odd board end catcher is more cost effective than cutting a board.

I was just adding the extra noggins for safety really as the ceiling joists are 650m wide so I have add noggins every 300mm better safe than sorry.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back