plasterboard and bathrooms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

i'm completely re plastering a bathroom, 2 walls are brick with the other two a stud frame, and room is very scarce at the shower end.

for that reason a plasterer friend has advised to use something like la farge gtec aquaboard as this can be tiled straight on to.

this is fine where the stud wall is as can be screwed striaght on, but this cant be dot and dabbed onto brick wall and there is not enough space to fit batons to the wall to fix it too.

my mates advised that it should be more than ok to use an adhesive on the back of the board but then also screw into the wall using rawlplugs at 30cm spacing rather than into a wooden frame and then tile straight on to the board and it'll have the strength needed.

sounds ok to me- but does anyone with more experience have a view on this?

also does anyone know if this board is ok to be skimmed over and painted on the ceiling- cant find anything either way on the la farge website.

thanks all
Charlie

Sponsored Links
It is okay to dot'n'dab these boards, but as your friend was quite rightly pointed out they do need a second mechanical fixing.
Why do you want aqua panel on the ceiling?

thanks,

tried a couple of samples on a wall and found that instafix foam works a lot better on these than dot and dab, tad more expensive but as its only a small room will prob only need 2 cans!

as for the ceiling its a bit of a belt and braces job, above the shower theres only about 6 inches of headroom so the ceiling gets a lot of water on it, planning to do the ceiling just in one complete board then just paint it to reduce the chance of moisture damage or mould

a

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back