Plasterboard and skim first in reveal or window board first?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there - i've taken two of my bedrooms back to bare brick and blockwork to have the whole thing boarded with either celotex or kingspan k18 and then skimmed over, to improve the thermals of the rooms.

We currently have some window boards which are going to be replaced with nice oak boards, and i'm wondering what the best approach here might be - given that oak doesn't like wet plaster and the last time we did this (fitted the boards first and let the plasterer board up to it and skim, and then we had to razor blade the edges of the tape off and then caulk the edges to stop the plaster crumbling.

Would it be better having the plasterer do everything first, and then have our joiner get a window board cut so that it just about slots in, and then seal into the gaps?

Sponsored Links
well ideally the board needs fitting 1st so its plastered in nicely.
but as you have said about boards and getting wet this is the dilemma.
if you happy with your joiner fitting them and then you cork the gaps then go for this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back