plasterboard and where to get this type

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi 2 questions.

im installing new plasterboard, ,i removed the old plasterboard and left the coving at the top without damage.

now im about to put a new piece up and below is pipes. what the best way to get the board up under the coving and onto the pipes?

is it better to put it horizontal instead of vertical, ive two sheets to put up , area is 8f

question 2.

i removed some tiles from the external wall and it took bits of plasterboard off, i removed the plasterboard and there's yellow foam behind the board with silver foil (insulation)

Also . Im putting up plasterboard on a small wall that has pipe for shower coming out.
At the left side . The plasterboard slides into a opening .how can I achieve this with the pipe in way (see photo)

i tried taking all the old plaster off and going to install new board , then found out the old plasterboard in front of the foam was 0.7 cm and the foam is 1.5 cm and is attached.

ive looked to try and find this plasterboard but cant see any that dimension.

is there anywhere i can try , or something i can put instead of the foam if it aint available anymore

also ive the wall in the picture im doing ,but as you can see the pipe for shower will protrude out the wall, is there a way to the plasterboard has to slide in to a slot in teh corner , whats best way to do this

Sponsored Links
Probably me but i dont clearly understand what it is that you are saying or asking?

Anyhow, you need some backing pieces pinned against the return corner stud ( to the left of where the hammer sits in the bay) or the P/B, or backer board, will tend to float at that edge.

you measure for the copper pipe stub-out, and hole your board to match the measurements. The board can be cut into two. P/B typically goes on horizontal.

P/B is no longer recommended for showers or wet situations.

The cu pipe needs clipping to backing.

I notice an electrical accessory box on one side - you might profit from a bathroom fitting professional visiting the site and giving you some paid for advice.

Thanks for replay.

The box you can see if a light switch backing.
Also straight under the pipe at bottom is a junction box and exteria socket.
And a exteria light switch.

I was hoping that some barrier polythene layed behind the pipe and full length of wall. Eventually coming out at bottom would save the electrics in event of water ingress.

I see what your saying about the drywall.
I was thinking of horizontal but the walls are set up for vertical (joisr positions)
Unless I batton them.

Its moisture resistant drywall im using and it will be tanked then tiled.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the additional information.

The vertical timbers are studs, and typically are set out on 400mm centres. But for your purpose spacing is irrelevant - go horizontal and cut the board at wherever its convenient to land.

Perhaps use RCD's to protect the elec circuits, the ring should already be covered - look/check in the consumer unit.

Securely clip all pipework to backing - behind, below or above the wet area or it will come back to haunt you. Test and test again before you cover up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back