plasterboard dot & dab on a curved wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2 in 1 question:
1st: Is it possible to dot & dab plasterboard onto a curved wall? (2.4m straight line length corner to corner x 700mm depth of curve at mid point x 550mm height)
2nd: particularly when the brickwork has been coated with a coating of a bitumen based damp prohibitive?

thanks, cherryview

Sponsored Links
Usually if you want to follow a curve (a gentle curve) with plaster board you would score the back of it with a stanely knife and gently offer it up to the former you have made or offer it up to the wall. Or you could spray the back of the board with water and gently tease it around the curve you want it to follow,but you would have to physically fix the boards to keep the curve ,It is not an easy process but it can be done if you know how to do it.So I would say get someone with experience to do it for you or follow another path,,,

Thanks for your advice. It is being done by a plasterer but I am concerned that thro' time because it cannot be 'fixed' to the wall the 'dab' will eventually come away from the bitumen product damp proof membrane, or, the damp proof membrane will come away from the bricks. Time will tell I guess.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back