Plasterboarded over Old Artex, but is Wonky. Advice Needed

Found a role of scrim tape this morning, so that's a good sign.

I spoke to my guy and told him they should have taken the old ceiling down, repacked joists, and done some bonding on the wall. To which he went quiet.

However, I am not willing to go through pulling it all down and doing that. I've got to get the kids back in and move on.

90% of the room is v.good in terms of straight lines. I've told him I'm not paying the £260 for just putting up £50 worth of plasterboard. The room looks great apart from that piece of wall. The finish is lovely throughout.

Not the perfect outcome, but if I had more time....
the scrim tape would also have been used to scrim the joints of the ceiling "ie" between boards, if there was no scrim in that hole theres a good chance that they dident scrim the edges, but if you have saved some money on the ceiling by not paying him, and have had the walls sorted out with a reskim, and the rest of the work is nice as you say, then youve had a bit of a result, not the perfect outcome as you say but you got something back out of him

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back