plasterboarding - job length

yea they will do the trick. As for the vent--why is the vent there? is it needed? if not is it blocked off on the outside? if its not block it off, or things will live in it. Fill it all in and just cover it with the board. Stick some old newspaper in the whole, then in 150 years time someone will find it.....

Sponsored Links
Ok sweet will use them then. If you dont me asking how does the dimensioning work out? For 50mm insulation boards, using 2 x 2" would have a face of about 46mm, to my mind it just doesnt go, am i missing something here? :LOL:

Well as far as i know the vent has no purpose, and it certainly hasnt been functional in the last 20 years or so, so i will just block it up.

Oh btw, am i right that i need 1 25kg for 2 - 4 boards?

Thanks

i wouldnt worry about the 4mm,just make sure you use plenty of screws and squash the board on tight...see how you go.

As for a bag, its hard for me to work out as i know a bag will do a wall and a ceiling this big or that big..but say a 4m sq ceiling would use 3/4 to a bag?

Always knock up a whole bucket though, as you have to be looking at it than looking for it. Good luck......

No - you line the walls with insulation boards, tape the joints and then put the stud work on the inside and fix through the insululation.

If you go to the Celotex site they have a pdf you can download that has all you need to do.

Sponsored Links
Awesome, thanks a lot for your help guys.

I am just about ready to do the job now, just need to arrange the family being out of the way :LOL:

I will come back and let you know how i got on once the job is done.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back