plastering advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i need some advice. the plaster + bonding on the lounge wall has come away all the way back to the bricks. the wall area is about 2.4m x 5meters[i have no idea what it is in feet]. but the problem is, how can i ensure that the finished wall is level [even] in every direction.

a friend of mine had his wall done but there is bumps and lumps all over the place as the plasterer struggled to get it even.

any advice given will be much approved

Sponsored Links
Your friend didn't employ a real plasterer.

He might have been real, but crap. :eek:

Either employ a real but not crap plasterer. Or overboard the whole wall and employ a real, but less competant plasterer.

LOL. I wrote ccrap (with one c) and it got changed!

But my cunning plan has beated the filter :p

CCRAP!

Sponsored Links
Might be worth taking the whole wall back to brick if its that loose, then dot 'n' dab plasterboard onto the brickwork and skim over it.

I am interested to know why a 2.5 x 5m area of plaster has come away, damp ? water damage ?

The problem may need to be put right before you have it re-plastered.

Talking of which, browning and multi finish/wall finish and the jobs a good un :LOL:

No bumps or lumps with this trowel jockey :D

Spreads do not leave lumps n bumps in a wall. Pay the proper rate and get a professional to plaster in future

Either do as Makita man says, Or if you want to have a go yourself, go and buy an 8 foot feather edge.

Apply plaster, (Bonding, Browning or whatever you choose to use) rule horizontally and vertically and fill any hollows, get the owd devil float on it, leave for a while whilst it firms up then slap on 2 coats of skim, splash it all over as henry cooper used to say, give it a float up then finally polish till you can see your sweaty brow in it.

:D

and then try and get paint to stick to it :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: polish your boots to a shine not plaster.........unless it`s Venetian plaster ;)

Nige F

Nah don't worry about the paint sticking to it. Thats down to the decorator :LOL:

I always like to polish. The customers always comment "OOOHHH that looks shiny" :cool:

well said mate polish ur boots not ur walls sign of an amateur. what your looking for is a matt finish like the one on a egg shell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back