Plastering in my extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate - that is shocking :rolleyes:
You've even got the attention of the plasterers on the top UK Plasterers Forum - I think they're gonna roast you :D :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
You've even got the attention of the plasterers on the top UK Plasterers Forum - I think they're gonna roast you :D :D :D :D
roast him? that floating in the extension looks spot on to me, as i say before ive done both the practices with the bonding that steve has used by the look of the floating in the pictures he can come and work for me any time

'Copy' works on Linux, there you go:
"Background preparation
Surfaces should be reasonably dry, clean and protected from the weather, and suitable for the chosen specification. In addition, before plastering concrete backgrounds, ensure that any mould oil or other agents present are removed from the surface. No-fines concrete does not require wetting prior to plastering. Normal ballast concrete should be given sufficient time to mature before applying the plaster. Plaster should not be applied onto a ‘green’ background or when any free water is visible. Mature concrete will require wetting to displace the air before plastering. Clean water should be applied 5-10 minutes before plaster application to control the suction. In-situ or pre-cast concrete which is exceptionally smooth or which is made from limestone, brick, granite and certain lightweight aggregates, will require pre-treatment with ThistleBond-It bonding agent."

Sponsored Links
even though hes doing itwrong? any proper spread firm would would sack him doin it that way.

lol what the top plasterers forum my arse bunch of ****s know nothing ***** me and steve are top spreads not just on here but in the real world
iv worked this way in the past and it works fine for us so just get over it OK

i have 2 much work on at the moment to much for me on me own anyone with a good finish and lives in devon contact me got a couple of loft convos to do and a few other bits and bobs

alright chip loft covos good finish? have a look all depends where in devon you are as i have a cuz that lives there pm me

View media item 29410 View media item 29408 View media item 29409 View media item 29417 View media item 29416 View media item 29418 View media item 29412 View media item 29413 View media item 29414 View media item 29411
also just a message to all the knockers either put up or shut up , i appreciate that what i done on that job isent text book but if your going to keep knocking lets see some of your work theres only a few of us on here thats put our work on including plstering so either put up or shut up

So I've told you that the way you've done that is shocking and you reply by calling me a tw*t...............that makes you right then! Carry on mate - I won't say too much - certainly not what I'd like to tell you anyhow - cos with workmanship like that you will be on first name terms with your lawyer.

So I've told you that the way you've done that is shocking and you reply by calling me a tw*t...............that makes you right then! Carry on mate - I won't say too much - certainly not what I'd like to tell you anyhow - cos with workmanship like that you will be on first name terms with your lawyer.
i said put up or shut up you chose the former so lets see if your work is as good as mine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back