Plastering Large Walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When Plaster skimming a large wall surface is there any beading that can be used so I can stop half way along the wall, skim half a wall one day and the second half the following day so the two halfs blend in well, or do I just skim half way stop and then carry on another day without any beading, please advise.

Sponsored Links
blend the finish into the background where your finishing then the next day, pva 5-1 about 10" where you finished and it should blend in sound ;)

Sponsored Links
Pfenwick:

The way I've skim coated walls doesn't require any stop bead. What I do is use a "V" notched adhesive trowel to spread plasterboard joint compound on a wall, and then mist with water using a spray bottle and trowel it smooth with a regular un-notched plastering trowel.

That way, the V notched adhesive trowel spreads a uniform amount of joint compound over the wall, and the regular trowel smoothes it out, so you end up with a skim coat of joint compound of uniform thickness over the wall.

And, it doesn't matter if you stop in the middle of the wall and carry on the next day.

Would doing it that way solve any problems for you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back