plastering materials

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I was looking for some advice, I have hacked of all the plaster back to the brick in my what will be living room, there was some damp so I injected a damp proof course, I am now going to replaster with moisiure boards and then skim over, I just want to check I know what i'm buying, other than the mositure boards and a top coat of plaster I presume all i need to buy is some adhesive for the mostiure boards, am I right in saying that or is there more stuff I will need?

I'd appricate any advice

Thanks

Luke

Sponsored Links
Are the walls still damp, is there excessive moisture in them still or have they completly dried out?

Why are you selecting moisture boards for the lounge?

Are you aware that moisture boards require special prep before they can be skimmed on directly?

For my 2p's worth I would batten out the walls with dpc behind the battens if the walls still have moisture in them and board over with foil backed boards.

Are the walls still damp, is there excessive moisture in them still or have they completly dried out?

Why are you selecting moisture boards for the lounge?

Are you aware that moisture boards require special prep before they can be skimmed on directly?

For my 2p's worth I would batten out the walls with dpc behind the battens if the walls still have moisture in them and board over with foil backed boards.

Sponsored Links
I agree with P B D who agrees with Dj942 and also 1 John who agrees with T M.
;), I think we are all in agreement.....

sorry, thats what i mean foil backed boards and yes the walls are still wet as there was no effective dpc and I am tolded the wall will take over a year to completely dry so my options are to use these foil backed boards or render witha water proof but i would rather use the boards

battens on 400 centers fixed to the wall with a dpc behind, got can pack out behind the fixings to true up the battens and make the wall as flat and straight as you can be bothered to do. Always plan your battens well ahead for boarding to you have less wastage and no silly little rips at the ends of the walls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back