Plastering over 3 day old plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
yes I know, should have hired a pro :)

I've put a top coat on my landing walls, I did a pretty good job with most of it (for a diy-er)

But there was part of it that the wall was slightly uneven, so I (probably stupidly) evened it up with the top coat and decided I'd give it a second coat later.

Then I had to go out urgently and haven't got around to the 2nd coat.

It all seems to be drying well, a second coat and I think it will look fine.

As it's going to be Thursday I put the 2nd coat on and the 1st was done Monday, what do you recommend?

I worry that it might be too dry and suck the moisture out of the 2nd coat.

On the other hand, I worry it might not have finished drying and using PVA might trap moisture in there (or am I being silly)

Thistle Multifinish

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I don't know the answer to your question but if I were in doubt I would wait for it to dry then PVA it and go again.

Maybe you can wet the wall and do it earlier, but I'd wait for a plasterer to confirm. Even then, for the sake of a few days is it worth the risk?

Sponsored Links
OK Thanks, in that case I'll leave it for a while before I give it another top coat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back