Plastering over central heating pipes.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well I've done quite abit of searching but not found what I am looking for!!

I had central heating installed, all in copper. I asked for the pipes to be flush to the brickwork so that I could get them plastered over.

Most of the exposed pipework is running on the kitchen walls which are currently completely back to brick.

I have a plasterer lined up to 'dot n dab/ plasterboard the whole kitchen.

Having done a search on here I am abit concerned about the plaster cracking due to expansion of the pipework!!

Will I be ok, with plasterboard over pipes ??

Any Tips ??

I've seen Denso Tape recommended for protecting pipework, any other suggestions ??

Cheers

Paul

Sponsored Links
I've been doing the same, what I've done is put the 15mm copper inside some 22mm conduit and then you can plaster over it. This ensures theres enough room in the conduit for pipe expansion without cracking the plaster.

h

i would actually stick it in plastic tube if you can. Expansion of plastic is way less than copper. You might find that even with 22mm, there is enough expansion to crack it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back