Plastering over Electric cable in chases

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Wonder if anyone can help please :)
I want to plaster over the chase that my eletrics run down(ceiling to floor)about 8feet in all. A friend said that i would have to put some plastic condute over the cable first is this right :?:
If not could you please advise me the best way to do it. Thank you :)

Sponsored Links
plastic capping must be fixed over the cables prior to plastering. always use non rust fixings.

noseall said:
plastic capping must be fixed over the cables prior to plastering. always use non rust fixings.
Thanks for your reply.
Do i still have to pva the surrounding brick work :confused:

This is my first go at plastering over eletric so a step guide would be helpfull if there's any one out there :)
What plaster should i use?
How thick a layer should i lay at a time?
Pva or not? :oops:

Sponsored Links
actually there is nothing to stop you plastering directly onto the cables, not recommended by most experienced sparks, but nonetheless possible in law.
I'd personally recommend plastic conduit, its easier to get replacement or additional cables in at a later date, but capping is fine, you can use grab adhesive like gripfill to fix it, quicker, easier and less damaging to your thumbs than nails. :LOL:

some diluted pva is ok. carlite bonding as a backing coat (do it in one hit, as its not a large thick area) then later skim over with thistle multi finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back