Plastering over inside wall treated with Thompsons WaterSeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Maybe youcould come give us advice on this 1466 timber framed house we are renovating, mind you, I'm not sure English herretige would be happy with you turning up with your PVA, easyfill and dash :LOL:

It's plasterers such as you that have trashed listed buildings with your NVQ2s ;)
why would you want advice on a job your on? if you dont know anything you shouldent be there, i hope youve got your heratage nvq3 qualifications, because ive heard on the grapevine that at some point anyone that hasent got one wont be able to work on heratige, im halfway there with my heratage 3 qualification your nothing other than an unqualified numpty who lives in a dreamworld calling me and other spreads with nvqs trash ipmsl :mrgreen:

Shame you can keep your mod friend from deleting posts..

So you are not time served. You have a feww months worth of nvqs under your belt, oh the pain of it :LOL:

I did have a good laugh about the heratage training you say you are doing :LOL:

So back to why you would advise to apply a water based dash to a solvent based waterproof that repels water.

Sponsored Links
It doesn't once it has dried.

From the Thompson site:

Thompson’s Water Seal can be
overpainted. Allow at least 3 days
before overcoating with an oil or solvent
based paint, and at least 30 days before
painting with water based paints or
woodstains.

If it will take water based paint why do you think you can't render it?

peaps";p="2124984 said:
So you are not time served. You have a feww months worth of nvqs under your belt, oh the pain of it :LOL:

there you go with your assumptions again, i was working with other spreads and going out onsite 4 days a week while the other day i would take off to get the qualification (city&guilds) this lasted for 4 years on and off , and i went out my own way to get the nvq by paying an onsite assessor ive been spreading for nearly 8 years now numpty nuts although i realise that you can be a spread for 30 years or more but still be cr@p its not how long you have been doing it or how may qualifications you have its what you can do that matters, also i stopped with the heratage 4 years ago, but have still done a year all i would have to do is go back and finish another year, if they make that heratage nvq3 compulsery for all heratage work like i heard they was going to your going to be out of a job methinks, at the moment heratige are being a bit 2 faced they are considering pulling down some nice listed buildings here for development how can that be if there listed ? also i was workin on a heratige pub earlier in the year half of the pub was listed and half wasent, some walls were rendered but i can tell you now the whole building was skimmed with multi, bonding, and blue grit and pva all the stuff you hate, heratage seems to have double standards by the look of things and i have no time for them

It doesn't once it has dried.

From the Thompson site:

Thompson’s Water Seal can be
overpainted. Allow at least 3 days
before overcoating with an oil or solvent
based paint, and at least 30 days before
painting with water based paints or
woodstains.

If it will take water based paint why do you think you can't render it?

Well we are not clear on the wall area or how true it is so we can't know how much render the dash is to hold.... Is it starting to sink in yet?

Sponsored Links
stevethespreader";p="2125291 said:

there you go with your assumptions again, i was working with other spreads and going out onsite 4 days a week while the other day i would take off to get the qualification (city&guilds) this lasted for 4 years on and off , and i went out my own way to get the nvq by paying an onsite assessor ive been spreading for nearly 8 years now numpty nuts although i realise that you can be a spread for 30 years or more but still be cr@p its not how long you have been doing it or how may qualifications you have its what you can do that matters, also i stopped with the heratage 4 years ago, but have still done a year all i would have to do is go back and finish another year, if they make that heratage nvq3 compulsery for all heratage work like i heard they was going to your going to be out of a job methinks, at the moment heratige are being a bit 2 faced they are considering pulling down some nice listed buildings here for development how can that be if there listed ? also i was workin on a heratige pub earlier in the year half of the pub was listed and half wasent, some walls were rendered but i can tell you now the whole building was skimmed with multi, bonding, and blue grit and pva all the stuff you hate, heratage seems to have double standards by the look of things and i have no time for them

Time served would mean apprentice 5 year term. When finished you would (back in the day) have to pass Guilds 1,2 and 3 todays equiv is NVQ....

There is a difference between listings, my cottage is grade 2 star just down the road the hall is grade 1 and just up the road grade 2 cottage. Not all is listed for good reason. You figure that one out.

peaps";p="2125584 said:

Time served would mean apprentice 5 year term. .
there seems to be some misunderstanding in general of the words time served to most its someone who have been in the trade for a long time and is competent with no qualifications at all, (ive come across a few of these calling themselves time served and they were good as well) where as a few call themselves time served after an apprenticship no big deal really as i stated earlier its what you can do and how good you are that counts you could be a really good spread with all the qualifications in the world but that dont make you better than someone who has been taught by a good spread and has no qualifications, i got my qualifications for myself my own needs and i dont mention them unless ive been asked i dont go bragging about them like you do, telling me your time served and then asking for my qualifications? its no buiness of yours really but now ive told you and now you know

stevethespreader";p="2125771 said:

there seems to be some misunderstanding in general of the words time served to most its someone who have been in the trade for a long time and is competent with no qualifications at all, (ive come across a few of these calling themselves time served and they were good as well) where as a few call themselves time served after an apprenticship no big deal really as i stated earlier its what you can do and how good you are that counts you could be a really good spread with all the qualifications in the world but that dont make you better than someone who has been taught by a good spread and has no qualifications, i got my qualifications for myself my own needs and i dont mention them unless ive been asked i dont go bragging about them like you do, telling me your time served and then asking for my qualifications? its no buiness of yours really but now ive told you and now you know

Time served means apprentice trained (craftsman) you are a tradesman. In the trade people know what timeserved means....

There is a massive difference between the two.

Layiing on isn't rocket science but plastering is more than this.

You don't brag? No you just post worthless certificates up on your site....

Good luck with your advancement but don't go around tryingto giveadvice when you clearly have much to learn.

Now back to the topic.

Any advances on what you have said or areyou going to throwyour teddy out again?

@peaps

This is a diy website not a platform to feed your ego!

I served a full 4 yr apprenticeship, back to college a few yrs back for a couple of yrs gaining an HND construction management,i have a folder full of bits of paper, i also have 10 years experience working with the national trust.....i have been in the job 33 years, yet some of the old blokes i have worked with over the years i couldnt lace their boots and they dont have a piece of paper to their names.

stevethespreader";p="2125934 said:

Time served means apprentice trained (craftsman) you are a tradesman. In the trade people know what timeserved means....

There is a massive difference between the two.

Layiing on isn't rocket science but plastering is more than this.

You don't brag? No you just post worthless certificates up on your site....

Good luck with your advancement but don't go around tryingto giveadvice when you clearly have much to learn.

Now back to the topic.

Any advances on what you have said or areyou going to throwyour teddy out again?
no i dont brag i dont go round saying im this and im that like you do, the advance craft certificate isent all that to some its not going to earn me any money (but its nice to have), but the nvq2 certifiicate has enabled me to get a blue cscs card which enables me to go out onsites and earn money so i disagree with you there, and there up onsite to show contractors and clients its hardly bragging , what you do with yours is say to otherspreads and i quote "IM TIMED SERVED WHAT ABOUT YOU?" now numty nuts you have already been proved wrong on this subject its you that have got to give a reason why you think it cant be rendered youve been asked that question a few times and have yet to answer also you may want to take a look at propertys of sbr weather its latex or waterbased

I would like to see where you prooved anyone wrong or support your opinion on this repair!!

You have skirted around the subject and point blank refused to answer questions,sound like we have been here before.

You can't dash this wall with solvent based water proof used. The brick are now sealed, water will hand in the briack because it's not breathing correctly. Winter comes, freeze crumbles and breaks the brick up, the dash you put on before hand will have lifted all over the place because you have addad a water base dash etc the weight of the render will be x amount of kg on a wall that has no adequate key.

Call yourself a plasterer, don't make me laugh.

I have also had a look at your "spread" from the pictures and I can tell you your technique is all wrong.Yes you can tell from the drying.

I wonder if you know anything about limiting shadowing from ceiling light? Didn't think so. Wonder if you have screeded a ceiling? Thought not. WOnder if you can set out for a bay window? Thought not. Know what a horse template is? Thought not, something you can't google, mine are 148 years old.....

People like you are destroying our historic buildings.

Peaps told us in a different thread he's not a Brit tradesman. Dunno where he learned his stuff but it wasn't in the UK.

Peaps told us in a different thread he's not a Brit tradesman. Dunno where he learned his stuff but it wasn't in the UK.
dont matter where hes from joe all numptys are the same no matter where they come from

But but you still can't explain your method away, poor poor cowboy.
your chasing shadows numpty nuts, youve already proved for a spread of 24 years you dont know that much, and coming out with the staments in the last post prove you know jacksh1t your not worthy of anymore of my time

dont matter where hes from joe all numptys are the same no matter where they come from

But but you still can't explain your method away, poor poor cowboy.
your chasing shadows numpty nuts, youve already proved for a spread of 24 years you dont know that much, and coming out with the staments in the last post prove you know jacksh1t your not worthy of anymore of my time

It's clear you are unable to explain away your bad advice on this one. But If you think spelling is anything to do with plastering you are thicker than one thought.

P.S our family company also has a large property management side to it as well. 263 houses, 32 mine ;)

My grandfather still works with us (79) and so does my dad. My second home is worth a touch more than 500,000. Not bad for a numpty.

By the way, the world is very small and Ports is a small place. My brother who is in the Navy lives down there, tells me you have done some bad jobs in the area...?

Got a bit of a s h i t rep I'm told. Didn't take much asking around.

You Polish?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back