Single wall Plastering Help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a room on the back of the house that we want to use temporarily for a bedroom, 1 of the walls is single brickwork, i would like to know how to go about plastering it correctly to stop damp and insulate it, i have been told i need to battern the walls with a damp proofer, but when i went to b and q, they looked at me gone out !! the roof was polycarb, now its a pitched tiled roof with plaster booard on and insulated lagging in, cheers..

Sponsored Links
Hi, have read the link and to be honest am no furthur forward, any more help would be greatly appreciated...

is there damp penetrating the wall from below or outside? if not you could create a stud wall just off the existing wall, cut kingspan between the studs and plasterboard over.

Sponsored Links
there doesnt seem to be any damp anywhere, a local builder told me " just stick some foil backed board on it and skim over, will be fine "
surely that cant be right ?? cheers..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back