Plastering Preperation...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello everyone,
as this is my first attempt at plastering a ceiling,could the experts explain what the prep is for this,all that i have for this job is one bag of multi finish thistle,one container of pva and the tools,the ceiling is 16x7 galley kitchen.could i possibly have step by step instructions....thank you

Sponsored Links
get a couple more bags, your better looking at it than looking for it ;) do a search theres plenty of info.

two bags should eat it! first tape joints with scrim, apply first coat, allow to firm up, trowel flat, apply second coat, allow to firm up, trowel flat , wet trowel smooth, then maybe a dry trowel to get rid of "sweep marks". good luck!

noseall said:
two bags should eat it! first tape joints with scrim, apply first coat, allow to firm up, trowel flat, apply second coat, allow to firm up, trowel flat , wet trowel smooth, then maybe a dry trowel to get rid of "sweep marks". good luck!

what about how much goes on the floor ;)

Sponsored Links
and goggles for your eyes :!: ..talking about this just last weekend to daughter-in -law`s dad, old school spread. said he used an old pair of glasses@ the time ;) Also, bonding seems a lot more sticky than the board finish used to be

hello everyone...thank you for all your responses...but could i please have the instructions right from opening the bag of plaster to putting the pva glue in the mix and onto walls...as in do i put the whole bag of plaster in bucket..how much water...how much pva..few drops or pints or what???....thank you all once again......by the way i need to do this tomorrow morning

Sat. PM...how did yee get on :?: ...just had my boy do a couple of walls for me ;) Did I say bonding, meant multi finish :oops:

How does it look? I'm learning to plaster but really don't want to try and do and ceiling at least for now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back